VP, Store Operations
Dave Brewer, VP Omnichannel/Store for Belk. As part of the Belk team, Dave has been with Belk for 28 years. In his current role, Dave is a key member of the Omnichannel leadership team, bringing a stores perspective to complement the digital and technology leaders already engaged in the effort. He has been a part of cross functional Omnichannel initiatives that have the greatest impact on the stores, including new store technology, new POS systems, fulfillment initiatives including ship from store, and driving associate and customer adoption of Belk’s stores Save the Sale programs.
Prior to his current role, Dave has had a multitude of roles in stores and corporate including store manager, division merchandise coordinator, and regional vice president of the Atlanta Region stores. Dave and his team are excited to bring Omnichannel capabilities to their stores and help merge the physical store with the digital store.
Dave was born in Indianapolis, Indiana and is a graduate of Indiana University.
Day One - Maximizing Your In-Store Experience Strategy
Hear about Belk’s successes and pain points on the road to driving in store incremental sales from omni-channel; while engaging associate teams and their adoption to this new reality of selling.
• Change Management: Successes and opportunities on the road to associate adoption of omni-channel
• store programs
• Never underestimate the importance of sales credit! Associates, Managers, Stores, Corporate teams, etc…
• The importance of inventory exposure, fulfillment networks, and store technology to drive in-store sales
Day Two - Customer-Centric Retail Design & Innovation
It seems as if retailers gear up all year for the big holiday shopping push. Now that the season is behind them, hear how four retailers approached in-store innovation during Holiday 2016, their predictions for this year and what they are taking into consideration as they approach their busiest seasons in 2017. Then delve into small group discussions to focus on your plans for the rest of 2017.
• What were the key findings from the 2016 holiday season
• Ideas for what to do differently now that planning is underway for this year
• What you can do right now to position yourself for success