The transferability of many retail sales skills makes it extremely easy for associates to jump ship for other store opportunities on a whim. Furthermore, salary is a key differentiator amongst retailers, but not every organization can afford to be competitive in compensation. This session will explore alternative strategies for retaining your talent when you can’t afford to throw money at the situation. You’ll learn how to retain talent cost effectively in this takeaway filled session.
- Evaluating if your retail organization actually needs long-term associates or if your business model can sustain turnover
- Implementing ongoing training in brand-specific skills and knowledge so that associates are selling something they know and believe in
- Offering flexibility in shift hours using digital workforce tools
- Illustrating clear paths for career advancement and reward programs through regular touchpoints
- Eliminating the need to be constantly hiring to fill constant vacancies